Host A CRT Recycling Collection Day!
How would you like to raise money for your organization while assisting your community in properly recycling their Electronic Waste and Appliances! It's really that easy. Here's how it works...
You can hold a collection and accept all of the electronics and appliances listed below. The only charge to you is for televisions or computer monitors. When you book a date we will give you our current minimum rates for televisions and monitors, as they fluctuate. You may attach any price you wish to the above items (Example: Refrigerators- $15, CPU's - $5, etc. these are just examples, you charge whatever you want) and your organization keeps 100% of this money collected for the above listed items.
Televisions & Monitors - It will be your responsibility to count the projection, wooden console and different sized plastic Televisions and computer monitors collected and then pay CRTR, Inc. the agreed upon price for them. (Check, cash or we can bill if needed) Once you get our minimum rates you then would set your prices accordingly and keep the difference for your organization. (Example: We charge you $12 for plastic TVs under 27" and $20 for plastic TVs above 27", you would probably want to charge $16 or more for smaller plastic tvs and $25 or more for larger plastic tvs, this would leave you $4 or more per small plastic TV and $5 or more per large plastic TV to keep for your organization after you pay us. Again, the charges for these materials are THE ONLY CHARGES. You will not be charged for labor, transportation, fuel or anything except the minimum recycling rates for televisions and monitors that were quoted to your organization when you booked a collection event date. Also, we can handle any amount of electronics you can generate, the more the better! We always get all material out by the end of event and all material is transported for proper recycling at our Brockton, MA facility.
(Current rates as of 1-10-12- TVs-Under 27"=$12, over 27"=$20, Console or wood=$20, Projection TVs=$25, Monitors=$3)
So in short all you need to do is decide on a date, then email your request with Address of Event, Organization Name, what you wish to collect, start and end times (We usually arrive 1/2 hour early) and a contact name and number as well as a cell phone # for date of event to email@example.com and I will book your date if available. After that all you do is:
1) Secure a parking lot for day of event
2) Provide helpers to manage people and cars and to collect money and count TVs collected.
3) Advertise, Advertise, Advertise! Please take advantage of any advertising avenues that being a non-profit opens for you, there are many things you can get for free if you just ask. Local cable access, Newspapers, Radio and websites for all of these will usually help out. Also flyers sent home with children work as well. We count on the material you generate to cover the costs that we do not charge for (labor, transportation, fuel) so please do your part to make this a successful event for us all!
What we do is:
1) Depending on size of event, we send 2 guys and 1 Box truck to start, we have up to tractor trailers if needed. We tailor our services to accommodate each event.
2) We arrive 1/2 hour prior to event (unless you need us earlier) and stay throughout the event. Our employees load material from the event into our trucks and transport the material back to our Brockton, MA Facility for proper recycling.
HOW DO I BEGIN?
Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a date or call Sandi @ 800-944-7019 to find out what's available, we look forward to hearing from you!
Here is a list of all items accepted by CRTR Inc. for recycling, however it's your event, you may use this in your advertising or adjust it to just the items you wish to collect, just remember; advertising is the key. You need to get the word out any way you can. The more items collected, the more funds raised. It's as simple as that. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or to book your event today! We usually run events on Saturdays and sometimes on Sundays. We can do multiple events on each date however they still fill up quickly so please book your event as soon as possible to ensure the date of your choice. We have our own fleet of trucks and several trailers if neccessary, CRTRecycling will have all material cleared from your location by the end of day of your event. Call and book yours today!
List of Items that can be recycled at CRTRecycling:
Plastic TVs, Wood TVs, Laptops, computer monitors, computers,
CPU boxes, all computer parts and accessories, keyboards, mice,
cell phones, speakers, video games and systems,
camera/video/audio equipment, fax/copy machines, printers, wires,
plugs, drives, cards, servers.
All white goods including refrigerators, freezers, water heaters
stoves, dishwashers, washers and dryers. Household appliances
including toasters, irons, hair dryers, and microwaves.
Metal Items (less than 8 ft long)
Metal poles, metal desks, barbeque grills (no propane tanks), pots